Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the Pros and Cons of attending Summer Sessions?
- I have not found the answer to my question on the Summer Sessions site -- what should I do next?
A. If you have a question about a specific course, contact the department sponsoring the course. If you have a question about enrollment, fees, transcripts, or other matters pertaining to registration, please contact the Office of the University Registrar. If you have a question about Financial Aid, please contact the Financial Aid office.
- I would like to sit in on a course to improve my understanding of the subject matter, is that possible?
- If I have an Incomplete, "I", to complete the course during the summer, what do I have to do?
- I wish to register for two courses, but they overlap by a half hour. Will I be allowed to register for both?
- If I am on the wait list, how will I know if I get into course?
- Is there a maximum amount of units I can take in one Summer Session term?
- I would like to drop ALL my courses but Schedule Builder won't let me, why?
- My courses were dropped from my schedule. What happened?
- How do I know if my course time or location was changed?
- I am not a continuing UC Davis student; how do I apply?
- I am not a UC Davis student. Will the units that I earn at UC Davis transfer to my home campus?
- I will not be able to attend the first day of class. What should I do?
- I have a question about the health services fee and my SHIP coverage from previous terms. Whom do I contact?
- When will finals take place?
- I need to be a full-time student in summer for financial aid purposes. How many units must I take?
- What are the Summer Sessions dates this year?
- Do you have any information regarding student housing during the summer?
A. For information on student housing during Summer Sessions, please visit UC Davis Conference Housing.
- Are there any enrollment restrictions on Summer Sessions courses?
- Can I take summer courses through Open Campus?
- Do I qualify for financial aid?
- Current UCD students qualify for financial aid. Students must enroll in six (6) or more units for each session in which they wish to receive aid. You can visit the Financial Aid's summer aid page for more information.
- When will I be awarded financial aid?
- Financial aid will begin to award students aid after May 5. You will be processed in the order of the date that you register for six (6) or more unit for the session(s) you plan to take. Email notifications will be sent out weekly. You can visit the Financial Aid's summer aid page for more information.
- How accurate is the estimator in determining how much aid I will receive?
- It is strictly an estimate based on the aid the student currently has at the time that the estimate is created. If any changes are made, the estimate may change. You can visit the Financial Aid's summer aid page for more information.