Frequently Asked Questions regarding Transfer Edge. If you have any other questions not answered here, please contact our Transfer Edge office via email at email@example.com or give us a call at 530-752-7611.
Transfer Edge FAQs
- Who is eligible to participate in Transfer Edge?
- Transfer Edge primarily serves first-generation, low-income students but any incoming transfer student is welcome to apply.
- How can I apply to Transfer Edge?
- Students are invited to apply to Transfer Edge through their MyAdmissions portal or they can visit the Transfer Edge Apply Page.
- How do I know if I have been invited to apply to Transfer Edge?
- Students can check their MyAdmissions portal and visit the checklist page.
- When is the application deadline?
- June 1, 2021.
- What do I need to turn in to apply to Transfer Edge?
- You will need to complete the Transfer Edge application and have completed your 2020-2021 AND 2021-2022 FAFSA/DREAM Act App.
- When will I know if I have been accepted to Transfer Edge?
- Decisions for Transfer Edge will be sent out via email in late June.
- How much does Transfer Edge cost?
- The cost of Transfer Edge is comprised of the amount of units students are taking. Students will typically take 6 units and will be eligible for financial aid. Additional information for course fees can be found under the Summer Sessions Fees and Aid page. There is an additional cost for students who stay in the dorms.
- Do I have to complete TWO FAFSA/Dream Act Applications?
- Yes, the 2020-2021 application is needed for those who are eligible for financial aid for Summer 2021. The 2021-2022 application is for Fall 2021-Spring 2022.
- What are the dates of Summer Transfer Edge?
- August 3rd - September 11th. If you are staying in the dorms move-in and move-out date will be August 1st and September 12th, respectively.
- Will I have free time during Transfer Edge?
- Transfer Edge will attempt to schedule classes and online work
shops in a way that allows students to have free time through the remaining day/week.
- Can I work during Transfer Edge?
- Students can work during Transfer Edge as long as it does not interfere with academic courses or mandatory events.
- Why is Transfer Edge like a head start?
Transfer Edge allows incoming UC Davis students to become familiar with the expectations, culture, and rigor of UC Davis classes before starting the regular school year. You will have a chance to interact with professors, complete various assignments, and build a foundation of what it means to be a UC Davis student. This will lead you to feel more prepared and confident in your classes throughout your first year at UC Davis.
- What is the time commitment for Transfer Edge?
You can expect a reasonable workload while taking your Summer Session courses. Classes will include weekly discussions and assignments, including written work assigned by your instructor. The program is designed with balance in mind so that you can complete your class assignments while still attending our social activities as well.
- What kind of activities will I be doing?
Transfer Edge provides social activities such as networking socials, games and activities, and presentations from other departments on campus. One of the goals of Transfer Edge is to make sure you know of all the resources and programs available to you on campus.
- What resources will I be connected with?
You will be connected with resources such as: Center for Leadership Learning, Campus Recreation, Academic Assistance and Tutoring Center, UC Davis Library, Transfer & Re-Entry Center, Counseling Center, Study Abroad, Internships, and campus social clubs and organizations.
- What if I can no longer participate in Transfer Edge? What is the cancellation process?
It is important to let the Transfer Edge program coordinator know right away if you will be unable to attend the program.
With the exception of unexpected emergencies, students should give a minimum of two weeks’ notice if they can no longer be a part of the program.